GIS Database Administrator
The Roles of the GIS Database Administrator shall include, but not be limited to the following:
• Skilled in ArcGIS Server administration and managing Windows 2019 server’s environment including, but not limited to, installation, administration, technical support, application development and database development for a multi-disciplined and multi-network environment.
• Conducting day-to-day geospatial and non-spatial data management activities (receiving, delivery, quality assurance, metadata, acceptance, indexing, web services) necessary to support the implementation of data repositories related to design, staging and production environments.
• Responsible for daily maintenance of GIS databases including enterprise SQL Server spatial databases and Microsoft Access databases supporting various applications; maintenance activities to include adding new user accounts, managing data sources (pointers to external data sources), updating lists of valid values, data imports and exports, altering data structures, restoring databases from backup files, etc.
• Responsible for ensuring that GIS data and products are operational, accurate, available, usable, shareable, integrated, and interpreted for use by KOC end-users.
• Development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements.
• Co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the spatial databases. The duties will also include disaster recovery (backups and testing of backups), performance analysis and tuning, data dictionary maintenance, and database design.
• Export and import complex data structures between applications to support the KOC’s data requirements including but not limited to reverse engineering, modifying, normalizing, warehousing data, and overall tuning of data structures to optimize performance and increase quality control and quality assurance.
• Management of versioned data and data QA/QC
• Provides training to KOC staff to include but not limited to the following areas: system administration, database administration, spatial data modelling, applications development, and structured techniques in the deployment of advanced technologies.
• Performs other related duties consistent with the role and function of the classification.
• Manage customer relationships and expectations.
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a geospatial professional, using the ESRI ArcGIS platform (preferably in support of government programs).
• Knowledge of logical database design and modeling using Unified Modeling language (UML) and related technologies, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE services, installation/configuration of ArcSDE services on RDBMS. Skilled in RDBMS routine monitoring and administration tools. Skilled in designing and implementing large (enterprise) geospatial systems, working with enterprise architectures/solutions using, but not limited to, Environmental Systems Research institute (ESRI) products.
• Knowledge of relational database systems and existing programs used for GIS and geodatabase processing. Knowledge of GIS theory and practices, principles and practices of enterprise information technology systems and structures, geographic concepts of location, scale, resolution, and generalization, administer system access and security to the enterprise GIS and related applications.
• Professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management.
• Working knowledge and experience with ESRI suite of GIS software at version level 10.7.x including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE.
• Experience with organizing and providing information on the Internet and Intranet, including the ability to create and manage map services at the version level 10.7.x for ArcGIS data sets and register them with Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS On-Line.
• ESRI Certification for Enterprise Geodatabase Management at the Associate level highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint latest version.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Generic & Specific Skills
• Shall be able to read, write and speak English language freely.