Position: GIS Specialist
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation
Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful and enable user success and broaden the impact of GIS, Also push our platform to make our technology better.
We will work closely with clients to establish solutions to make them successful and broaden the effect of GIS technology to their business, additionally to help shape the evolution of the platform by identifying new implementation patterns.
• Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation.
• Communicate best practices for building and maintaining enterprise geodatabases.
• Push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world.
• Work closely with customers and partners to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS platform
• Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
• Understand how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with customers' solutions vision
• Communicate ArcGIS technologies to technical and non-technical customers
• Be able to understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis
• Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
• Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations.
• 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
• Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Runtime and their associated APIs or interfaces
• Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
• Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
• Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing.
• Strong, persuasive communication skills
• Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
• Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field