Position: Junior Developer
• Participate in development and implementation of customized web applications, web services and enterprise solutions for clients using Esri’s ArcGIS Platform,
• Participate in development and maintenance of data driven, web-based applications and of both Web and Stand-alone GIS applications and tools.
• Serve as a team member on moderately complex software development projects involving multiple developers.
• Complete tasks assigned by Senior Developer.
• Work closely with other developers and under supervision of a Software Developer or Lead Programmer to develop public facing web mapping sites for management, manipulation, and visualization of spatial data,
• Develop prototype applications based on given requirements.
• Follow established departmental standards and industry best practices for application development.
• Communicate project progress and potential complications effectively to team members and management,
• Recommend improvements in departmental standards and adoption of new technologies when appropriate,
• Develop technical knowledge and awareness of those technical areas in which requested to code,
• Write comprehensive technical specifications and support documentations.
May require knowledge in the following as per job demands:
• Microsoft .NET (Traditional .Net Framework Or .Net 3.1+).
• Design Patterns such as MVC or MVVM.
• REST API.
• Mobile development.
Specific skill requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ready to take initiatives.
• Being up to date with the latest technologies in the development field.
• Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise.
• Desire to learn new technologies and an overall passion for technology.
• Attention to details.
Competencies in the following are essential:
• Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming.
• Solid understanding of software development concepts and principles.
• Familiarity with application development and maintenance.
• Familiarity with a limited number of programming languages and implementation environments.
• Good understanding of SDLC and relevance of different tools at different stages of the development life cycle.
• Good understanding of coding and data structure principles and application of coding standards.
• 0–2-year experience in Software Development
• Demonstrated success in working effectively in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Education / Qualifications
• Bachelor in IT/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or any other relevant field.